Submission Preparation ChecklistAs part of the submission process, authors are required to check off their submission's compliance with all of the following items, and submissions may be returned to authors that do not adhere to these guidelines.
- The submission has not been previously published, nor is it before another journal for consideration (or an explanation has been provided in Comments to the Editor).
- The submission file is in OpenOffice, Microsoft Word, or RTF document file format.
- Where available, URLs for the references have been provided.
- The text is single-spaced; uses a 11-point font; employs italics, rather than underlining (except with URL addresses); and all illustrations, figures, and tables are placed within the text at the appropriate points, rather than at the end.
- The text adheres to the stylistic and bibliographic requirements outlined in the Author Guidelines.
- I accept that shipments that do not comply with these instructions are returned to the author.
- Articles for health care professionals of the Portuguese Health Service, will be reviewed by the General Directorate of Health of Portugal (DGS), in compliance with their standards.
Those authors who have publications with this magazine accept the following terms:
a. The authors can keep their copyright and guarantee the journal the right of first publication of their work, which will be simultaneously subject to the Creative Commons Recognition License that allows third parties to share the work as long as its author is indicated. and its first publication this magazine.
b. Authors may adopt other non-exclusive licensing agreements for the distribution of the published version of the work (eg, deposit it in an institutional telematic file) whenever the initial publication is indicated in this journal.
c. Authors are allowed and advised to disseminate their work through the Internet (eg in institutional telematic files or on their website) once the manuscript is accepted, which can produce interesting exchanges and increase citations of the published work. (See The effect of open access).
The names and email addresses entered in this journal will be used exclusively for the purposes established in it and will not be provided to third parties or for their use for other purposes.